The 04-12 Mitsubishi Galant Tanabe DF210 Lowering Springs offers a large drop, while retaining superb ride quality characteristics. The spring rate is raised 10-15% to compensate for the shortened amount of suspension travel, without over stiffening the spring rate and affecting ride quality and shock lifespan. The Tanabe DF210 Lowering Springs is unique in that it provides an excellent range of benefits, from it's extremely low stance, to performance and comfort. Overall, the DF210 is extremely well balanced for those looking to lower their car, increase handling potential, and comfort.
- 04-12 Mitsubishi Galant Tanabe DF210 Lowering Springs
- 1.4" Front Drop / 1.5" Rear Drop (As Tested on the Eclipse)
- Front Spring Rate - 4.2 kg/mm
- Rear Spring Rate - 3.1 kg/mm
Please note that these springs were originally developed for the 2006-2012 Eclipse and were not specifically tested for the Galant. However, the Eclipse and Galant share many similar suspension components allowing these to fit both vehicles. The Galant's curb weight is slightly heavier then the Eclipse, this will result in a slightly lower drop when installing these springs on the Galant.
Below we have attached the curb weight of both the Eclipse and Galant according to Car & Driver vehicle specifications.
- 06-12 Mitsubishi Eclipse Curb Weight - (Car & Driver)
- 06-12 Eclipse (4cyl) Curb Weight - 3275lbs
- 06-12 Eclipse (V6) Curb Weight - 3600lbs
- 04-12 Mitsubishi Galant Curb Weight - (Car & Driver)
- 04-12 Galant (4cyl) Curb Weight - 3400lbs
- 04-12 Galant (V6) Curb Weight - 3600lbs
- 04-12 Galant (V6 Ralliart) Curb Weight - 3750lbs
***We do not recommend these for use on the "Ralliart" Galant. The Curb weight is substantially heavier then what these springs were tested for. Using these springs on a heavier vehicle can result in spring binding. Spring binding is when the coils of the spring stack on top of each other not allowing the spring to compress any further. This will have a negative effect on the vehicle ride quality and performance of the spring**